Say hello to the perfect after party meal…
CARIBBEAN JERK WINGS AND FRIES!
This simple yet insanely delicious meal will certainly satisfy the hungriest fete-goer
What’s the best part? It can be prepared in a matter of minutes. Be sure to head to your closest Massy Stores to stock up on Wings as well as fries.
Time taken to prepare: 20 minutes
Serves: 4 people
- 2 cups store bought mustard-based BBQ sauce
- 2 tablespoons soy sauce
- 1 (6-ounce) can crushed pineapple
- Salt and pepper
- 1/3 cup brown sugar
- 1 teaspoon ground ginger
- Jerk seasoning
- 18 chicken wings
1) Preheat grill to medium-high.
2) Prepare sauce by combining all ingredients together in a saucepan over medium heat. Cook until heated through.
3) Rub jerk seasoning into chicken wings. Grill for 10 to 12 minutes or until cooked through. Brush generously with sauce and serve.
4) Serve with a hot side of Fries @ Massy stores Save $2.00 on Cavendish 1KG fries and $4.00 on Cavendish 2KG fries: $11.99 & $23.79
- Coarse salt and ground pepper
- 1/4 cup finely grated Parmesan, plus more for serving
- 1/4 cup chopped fresh parsley
- 2 garlic cloves, minced
- 1 large egg
- 1 pound ground beef
- 1/4 cup plain dried breadcrumbs
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- 1 can (28 ounces) crushed tomatoes in puree
- 3/4 pound spaghetti
- STEP 1
Set a large pot of salted water to boil. In a bowl, combine Parmesan, parsley, garlic, egg, 1 teaspoon salt, and 1 teaspoon pepper. Add beef and breadcrumbs; mix gently. Form into 16 balls.
- STEP 2
In a 5-quart Dutch oven or heavy pot, heat oil over medium. Add meatballs, and cook, turning occasionally, until browned, 8 to 10 minutes. Add tomatoes; bring to a boil. Reduce to a simmer; cover partially, and cook, stirring occasionally, until meatballs are cooked through, 10 to 12 minutes.
- STEP 3
Meanwhile, cook pasta until al dente. Drain, and return to pot; add meatballs and sauce, and toss gently. Serve with Parmesan.
3 lbs boneless skinless chicken thighs (cut into 1” pieces)
½ cup honey
6 tablespoons soy sauce
4 tablespoons rice wine
4 tablespoons fresh ginger (minced)
4 tablespoons fresh garlic (minced)
1 teaspoon sesame oil
2 pinch ground black pepper
4 tablespoons vegetable oil
4 tablespoons oyster sauce
Step 1: In a large bowl (or sealable plastic bag) combine honey, soy sauce, rice wine, garlic, ginger, sesame oil and black pepper. Add chicken and toss with the marinade to coat. Cover and refrigerate for at least 3 hours to overnight.
Step 2: Heat vegetable oil in the wok over high heat. Add chicken with the marinade and stir-fry until the chicken pieces are fully cooked (about 7-8 minutes).
Step 3: Reduce heat, add the oyster sauce and stir in until the chicken pieces are coated with it.
(Makes 4 Servings)
- 1/2 lb salt fish
- 1 medium onion, chopped
- 2 tbsp hot pepper sauce
- 1 sprig chive chopped
- 1/2 lemon
- 2 tbsp olive oil
- 5 medium tomatoes chopped
- Boil, clean and debone the Saltfish.
- Break into small pieces and wash to take out excess salt
- Take up handfuls of saltfish and squeeze out water
- In a separate bowl add onion, chive, tomatoes, olive oil,
lemon juice and pepper to saltfish and mix thoroughly.
Could be refrigerated or served right away.